Saturday, March 7, 2009

Things that say *home*...



Spring is coming!!!

My bulbs are coming up!
Excitement
abounds!!
I've never planted bulbs before.
I was never quite sure I'd be there to see them come up.This spring - the bulbs Pink & I planted last fall - - are coming up!!!!The security of knowing I'll be here to see them come up.
Creating a wonderful family picture wall.
Unpacking all the boxes.
Taking the lilacs out of pots.
Thinking about how to fix the shed floor.Buying address labels!!!
Wondering if I'll need to buy a new furnace before next winter.
The frequent gathering of the ones I love best.









I'll be here long enough to finally see my Grandma's iris' bloom!


All these - and more - make my soul go 'ahhhh, home'.

3 comments:

Connie Babe said...

I love your picture wall! The letters are beyond cool...have you looked at having something spelled out in vinyl lettering? I'd love to do that...but...who knows how long I'll be here. Understand the bulbs thing...glad you have some coming up. I so miss my daily checking for them to come up...but they won't do it here. Sigh. But I'm glad for you!!! Is this comment long enough yet? :)

Lady Winterhart said...

vinyl lettering is fun. just put it on a slab of wood and hang that.

LaNae Brandon said...

Hoping to make it up to visit this year! Maybe Spring or Summer.. you'll know :-)
Love you LaLa