Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Burns


                                        Gary's favorite sign of the trip:
& his least favorite road...(long & straight - not the fun & challenging fast curves of the CA mountains)



Which took us to our last night... *already*??  In Burns.  We ate at the Meat Hook Steak House, where the chef - Todd Bigalow - came out to wish me a happy b-day with a hot fudge sundae ~ with burning candle.  Our room at the Rory & Ryan inn was #131 - a marvelous king size jacuzzi suite that we plan to return to as often as we can.  This time I didn't over-do the bubbles - & Betsy got an overdue belly rub.

 
Coming home we stopped to browse at a junk-yard he had spotted on the way down.  (poor man needed something for him from this trip!  :o)  











Klo was sick & tired of riding in the back & being treated like a common, ordinary dog.


(Don't let her fool ya, she rode at least 1/2 the time on a pillow on Mamma's lap)

















At home I found a to-die-for peanut butter pie my daughter made, pretty flowers & b-day wishes from my incredible kids. 
I am an extremely grateful, happy woman.


 


Ms. Boop is happy to be safely home, guarding her food again...  Handsome is happy Klo is back... 

but.. Gary & I... we're already planning our next great run-away!
                                       
Now - for a few moments of mushy stuff.... (sorry...)

This year - I still miss my Mom.  This year I wish she could see how incredibly happy I am...how incredibly happy with this man that she always liked so very much... the one she wanted for me from the start.  You hear that Mom?  That's me saying... 'You were right all along.'...  

We are such easy company together.  The laughter is so good.  The talk flows.  The quiet is comfortable.  His patience & humor astound me.  He pours love & kindness over me always.  

The day I turned 52 on our trip was our 36th anniversary... of sorts.  I met him on my 16th b-day at a band festival in Filer, ID.  This gorgeous, dark-haired, young man asked if he could take my hand & walk me across the street & he took my breath away ... he still does.

 Thanks, Mom.  Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: